Hello there Instagrammer! Welcome!
This is the first in my series of “Secrets for organic Instagram growth in 2020.”
There are three types of accounts on instagram.
It is the key in determining your Instagram strategy!
What is a personal account page?
It is basically every other account you see of your friends. They post pictures of their everyday activities and group photos of them with their friends, Photos of their dog doing something at home.
You can make the page private. Which kind of defeats the purpose if you are trying to be an influencer.
A series of unedited or overly edited photos unrelated to each other posted in random order as and when it happens. If you post pictures like that, your 100 friends will like them. If you are a popular person in college some 500 will like you. But your account will never reach outside the bubble.
If you want to stand out, you need to change yours to a creator or business account.
If you have a personal account
- You will not have the facility of insights or analytics
- You cannot monetise on your page.
If you dont have curated content, then go ahead!
What is a creator account?
Creator accounts are for influencers and public figures. You can promote your account. You can connect to your fb page and cross promote. You can access the Creator studio which has good set of tools of scheduling. This account can be monetised.
- You can post on Feed, Stories, IGTV as a personal profile
- Gives you creator-specific insights and analytics about your account and performance, relating to content, activity and audience
- Flexible profile display, you can make your account look and feel the same as a personal profile or choose to display a category label and/or contact details
What is a business account?
If you have a product to sell hands down use the business account. You can create posts and promote your products. You can:
- Runs ads
- Choose a category for your business
- Access to Instagram Shopping, which will allow you to tag products in your posts
- Can set up quick replies and direct message filters to better manage your direct messages and connect with your customers
- Access to video chat within direct messages
- Ability to manage branded content and promotion payments
- Can request verification
- Can add links to your Instagram Stories if you become verified or have over 10,000 followers
- Get access to Creator Studio on desktop
- Can access branded content tools 
How to switch your profile type?
- Click the three horizontal lines at the top of your profile page
- Go to Settings
- Select account
- If you have a personal profile you’ll be given the option to switch to a professional account and then be given the option between creator and business. If you have a creator or business account you’ll be given the option to switch to a personal or creator/business account
What type of account you want depends on your goal and accordingly you can device your strategy!
What is your Instagram 2020 goal?